areas of practice
Insurance litigation | Commercial Litigation | Education litigation
Fluently bilingual, Stephanie practices in the area of civil litigation, focusing primarily on insurance defence, including personal injury and property cases, as well as education litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Stephanie completed her articling at a national law firm in Ottawa where she acquired extensive experience drafting pleadings and legal opinions, conducting discoveries, attending mediations and pretrials, and preparing matters for trial.
- Kelly v. Horn,  121 O.R. (3d) 60 (Cour Divisionnaire)– Appeal of a decision on the right of subrogation of an insurer in another province.
- Coulter v. Ontario (Ministry of Natural Resources),  119 O.R. (3d) 571 – Summary Judgment Motion on whether the Plaintiff complied with the notice period under the Proceeding Against the Crown Act.
- Wieland v. Alja Construction, 2014 ONSC 539 – decision on whether an insurer has the right to obtain more than two independent medical assessment of the plaintiff
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
Selected Papers and Seminars Delivered
- Co-author, Sport Related Concussions : A Canadian Legal Perspective – Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Federation of Defence and Corporation Counsel in July 2012
- Panellist, « Top Cases of 2015 », Canadian Defence Lawyers, Annual General Meeting, June 2015